The Importance of Eating a Good Breakfast
Remember your mother saying?… “Breakfast if the most important meal of the day.”
Turns out she knew what she was talking about. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Here are 5 reasons why you should never skip breakfast…
- Essential Nourishment. Eating breakfast helps you start the day off right because it provides your body with essential vitamins and minerals (fuel). Like a car, your body can’t function without fuel. Breakfast doesn’t mean grabbing a cup of coffee and a doughnut. The core of a good breakfast is foods such as whole grains, protein such as peanut butter, lean meat, poultry, fish or eggs, yogurt, parfaits, smoothies and fresh or frozen fruit and veggies.
- Increased Energy. Think about this… if you eat dinner around six o’clock at night, and get up around seven o’clock in the morning, you’ve gone 13 hours without food. Skip breakfast and you’re looking at 18 hours without food. Going that long between meals deprives your body of the fuel it needs to function well. Eating breakfast fuels your brain and your body and provides the glucose it needs to function properly and fight fatigue. If you don’t eat breakfast your energy will be noticeably diminished.
- Improved Concentration. Eating a good breakfast helps to keep you alert and productive throughout the morning. It improves concentration, creativity, coordination and problem-solving. Breakfast also gives you the energy to be more physically active.
- Better Mood. When you’re hungry, you tend to be grumpy and irritable. Your body is running on empty because it needs fuel. This affects your entire system. Who wants to be around you when you’re like that? DO yourself and everyone around you a favor each day…eat breakfast.
- Family Time. Breakfast is the perfect time to sit down with your family and enjoy a with people you love. It’s also a great way to establish the habit of eating a well-balanced meal together. When you eat breakfast regularly you are more likely to consume a healthier diet overall which builds the foundation for a healthier life.
Eating breakfast is a nutritious way to start out your day. Breakfast refuels your body, enhances your mood, improves your concentration, helps you maintain a healthy weight, and is the foundation of a healthy diet. Eating a good breakfast can be quick and easy, and provide you with benefits that last the entire day.